Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 3 of the HG Labs Holiday Planning Notebook!



If you have been following this blog you know that I went through my house last year and purged most everything we did not really need.  Wow, I loved the outcome!  This week we are going to do a mini-purging to prepare for the holidays.



DE-CLUTTER:  Supplies you need

A large trash can and 2 boxes:

Throw Away - If you know these items are not sellable or good for donating because they are broken or damaged, throw them out.

Box 1:  Give Away (Charity) or Sell - These items you could sell at a garge sale or gently used store.  You may also consider giving them to a charity and make a donation.  Be sure and list them and itemize what you think they are worth (donations made are tax deductible).

Box 2:  Storage - These items you want to keep but may be out of season or you may want to use them at a later date.  You should "really" want to keep them.  Organize them in a group of "same as" items.


Sharron's Tip:  I really like to decorate and hold parties and events. Over the years I have accumulated a lot of decorations, wreaths, etc. I use plastic bins that I label for each holiday or occasion. They stack nicely and I can find them easily when it is time to decorate for the party or event!

My Christmas decorations are the most extensive and receive a large area in my storage.  The rest I can put in smaller bins.  I have a bin for Easter & Spring, Halloween, Fall & Thanksgiving, New Years, Derby (I live in Kentucky), Fourth of July & other patriotic days, birthdays & showers (baby & wedding).

Shopping:
This week you should also shop for a few more gifts, wrap and hide them.  Gifts that need shipping or mailing should be first on the shopping list.




We at Brightly Green hope you find this holiday planning guide to be of help to you!
If you have any holiday tips, be sure to leave us a comment!
We welcome your suggestions!    






Please Leave a comment and a link to your Blog and or website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment!
Please, don't be shy...thoughtful comments, questions, new information and relevant links are always welcomed and appreciated. Please share your info here. Your URL from your website and Blog is welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...