Thursday, April 6, 2017

Organizing for Sanity's Sake


When my husband took up cooking ethnic dishes on Saturday’s, my kitchen got an upgrade in organization.  Sure, I knew which cupboard held what spices, but that did not help him out! 

The deeper kitchen organization began in my spice department.  If I wanted to fully enjoy having my husband cook Saturday’s dinners, I needed him to be able to find what he needed with ease and without my intervention.  Tips I’ve learned on my journey are…

What I’ve discovered about myself on sanity’s road toward organization:
1.  I don’t like clutter.
2.  I don’t like to clean.
3.  I like to have what I need when I need it.

What I’ve done in light of my discoveries:
1.   Make quick assessments of the value of objects.
Does this item need to be in my home, if so, why and where does it need to go?  In my kitchen, I have purged many utensils and small appliances that have rarely, if ever, been used.  And I might add, that I have not regretted getting rid of a single item!

2.  Keep a tidy home environment.  This means kitchen and bathroom countertops are kept cleared.  Mail is put where it needs to go upon entering the home. The beds are made and clothes are kept off the floor.  These basic tidying steps make my green cleaning routine a breeze!  (Remember, I don’t like to clean.) 
The newest addition to my organization and tidying habits has been to purchase a small plastic tote that fits inside my kitchen sink.

As family members use a cup or bowl, they put that dirty item in the tote and when the tote is full, it is lifted out and set on the countertop so the sink can be filled with water and the dishes washed.  Why not just put them in the dishwasher? My dishwasher is broken.

Though I don’t like to clean, I do enjoy knowing my cleaning products are 100% all-natural.  Brightly Green Cleaners has the right variety for all the tasks needed to maintain a safe, non-toxic clean environment.


3.  Organize for efficiency.  Being able to have what I need when I need it is HUGE!  Make your organization work around the way you do life and you’ll have an easier time keeping it organized.

I hope these personal tips organizing for sanity’s sake have been helpful for you!

-- Brenda


Please Leave a comment and a link to your Blog and or website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment!
Please, don't be shy...thoughtful comments, questions, new information and relevant links are always welcomed and appreciated. Please share your info here. Your URL from your website and Blog is welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...