Saturday, August 3, 2019

What Weeds and Clutter Have in Common

I have come to the conclusion that clutter has similar properties to weeds.  
Neither are enjoyable to confront, 
yet are necessary to deal with if you want peace of mind, & body.



                       WEEDS                                             CLUTTER          

NO effort to grow.                                                     Easy to “grow.”
Starts small and non-threatening.                            The same.
Easily takes over.                                                     Will spread.
Weeds will come back.                                             Clutter will return.
Requires decisive action to eliminate.                      The same.
Maintenance is required for control.                         Maintenance is a MUST.


(Guest post) A personal confession:  I am guilty of neglecting my yard this summer.  This is the first year that I have not been motivated to do yard work and it shows!   I have prioritized other things and though that has been necessary (to a point), spending an hour here or there would make my yard look more attractive.

Seeing weeds in my flower beds is a CONSTANT REMINDER of my neglect.  This makes me sigh mentally EVERY TIME I see the weeds!  The reality is quite simple, I need to take an hour three days out of the week to get things cleaned up!  This really is not difficult, I just need to prioritize the task.

Thankfully, the inside of my home does not reflect the neglect that the outside does!   When I consider how I work to maintain a clutter-free interior, I think to myself how I need to apply the same principles outside that I do inside!

How I maintain a clutter-free home:
Everything has a place.
Everything is placed within boundaries.
Pantry storage is in boxes with like items or glass jars. 
Books are in neat crates or bookshelves.
Clothes are in dressers, hung up in closets or in decorative wooden chests.
Daily (sometimes multiple times) clean kitchen counters and wash dishes.
Make bed daily.
Pick up items off floors and counters, end tables, coffee table, etc. and return those things to their homes.

I am a firm believer that clutter is kept under tight reigns when stuff is kept in its place! 

A CLUTTER FREE HOME MAKES GREEN CLEANING IT A BREEZE!
Dusting furniture is simply a quick wipe down.
Sweeping/mopping floors is a quick job when you are not picking up items and returning them to their proper homes.
Cleaning bathrooms is a quick task of spraying and wiping down counters, tubs and toilets.  No need to clear counters when they are clutter free!

click link!

For your encouragement...
Question:  How do you eat an elephant?
Answer:  One bite at a time.

To become clutter free:
Take small (bites) steps on a regular basis to de-clutter (or pull weeds like me!) and your home will be clutter free.

To maintain a clutter free environment:
Take small (bites) steps on a regular basis to keep items picked up and put where they belong. 
Consider your purchasing habits, maybe you want less stuff coming in. 

More tips on this idea to come!

Do you have unique ways to keep clutter at bay?  Please share by leaving a comment!



Please Leave a comment and a link to your Blog and or website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment!
Please, don't be shy...thoughtful comments, questions, new information and relevant links are always welcomed and appreciated. Please share your info here. Your URL from your website and Blog is welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...