Thursday, February 11, 2016

Green Cleaning through the Seasons: Part Three--The Home Gym


This is the third installment in our series:  Green Cleaning through the Seasons.  Part Two took us to the kitchen which is center stage for one of the top ten New Year's Resolutions—eating healthier. 
Exercise goes hand in glove with eating healthier and is also a top ten resolution individuals make.  In keeping with the winter season and our desire to help you stay on track with your New Year's Resolutions—we head to green cleaning the home gym!


Hi!  I'm Brenda, contributing writer for HG Labs' products.  I believe in "practicing what I preach."  With that being said, last week, I purged and green cleaned my home gym (which is basically my cement block basement) so that it becomes more of a motivating environment to work out in. 
My husband and I have been fairly consistent in lifting weights together since this past summer.  I will confess, however, that it has not been as enjoyable as it could be due to the miscellaneous boxes family members bring downstairs to deposit.  I quite often would sigh at the clutter and then proceed to lift weights.  There was always a nagging thought, "I really need to do something about this mess."  It just was one of those classic "out-of-sight, "out-of-mind" scenarios.  It was under my skin, but because I didn't stare at it all the time, I could dismiss the chaos. 

WHAT MADE THE CHANGE?
I guess the clutter was wearing on me in ways that made me get to the point of—Enough!   

NO REGRETS!
I look forward to working out in our home gym much more so now that the area is neat, organized and green cleaned!  I am also motivated to work out harder than I ever have.  I attribute this mental and physical change to the fact that it is an enjoyable place to be (as enjoyable as a concrete basement can be!)  Our basement is being re-claimed primarily as our home gym, rather than "miscellaneous storage land" + gym.

GREEN CLEANING BASEMENT SPACES 

For my concrete slab basement, a good 'ole mop/bucket of water and Brightly Green Multi-Purpose Cleaner did the trick!  My basement was transformed from being dirty, dingy and mildly musty smelling to clean and fragrantly refreshing with the natural fragrance of lavender found in Brightly Green Multi-Purpose Cleaner.

If your basement is finished with tile or linoleum you can use Brightly Green Multi-Purpose Cleaner or Brightly Green Granite and Tile Cleaner.
Catch those cobwebs with a rag sprayed with Brightly Green Multi-Purpose Cleaner and attach the rag to the bristles of a broom.  The eco-friendly cleaner traps the cobwebs naturally! 

For green clean concentrates:  Brightly Green Store


ARE YOU LACKING MOTIVATION TO EXERCISE?
Maybe a key de-motivator is your dislike of your home gym space.  Look around the room and determine what is at the root of the problem, then attack that problem with a strategy!  Top it off with Brightly Green's green clean concentrates to safely and naturally clean the space.  Muster up the will to overcome whatever the obstacle is that keeps you from achieving your goal of being more fit in 2016!


Please Leave a comment and a link to your Blog and or website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment!
Please, don't be shy...thoughtful comments, questions, new information and relevant links are always welcomed and appreciated. Please share your info here. Your URL from your website and Blog is welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...